users@woodstock.java.net

Re: HTML Output vs Javascript Output

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 09:45:56 -0500

This is expected. Woodstock is slowly moving away from the JSF renderer
approach, outputting raw HTML. In order to better support Ajax
functionality, widgets are rendered client-side using JavaScript and
HTML templates. Not only does this allow widgets to be completely
updated client-side, but it removes our dependency on the JSF framework.
This means that we can now begin supporting PHP, Ruby, etc. in addition
to JSF. Note that Woodstock has always depended on JavaScript for
client-side functionality, even when the JSF renderers only output HTML.

Dan