users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Project Woodstock releases 4.1.1

From: Dan Labrecque <Dan.Labrecque_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:42:54 -0500

autozoom wrote:
> Can you pls give us more detail about how to use this workaround?
> The createWidgetOnLoad is automatically called by the ajax response code,
> how can I replace it with replaceElements?

Don't concern yourself with the createWidgetOnLoad function -- I expect
it to be called. This function simply stores JSON data so widgets can be
created at a later time. The replaceElements function is used to trigger
the widgets to render in the page. Currently, we call this function
during the window onLoad event, but it can be called again.

Please see the DynamicFaces.fireAjaxTransaction function API. Dynamic
Faces provides the means to add a call back function. I have not tested
this myself, but you should be able to use the feature to call
replaceElements after Dynamic Faces has completed its Ajax transaction.
In the mean time, I'm working on a better solution and hope to make that
available shortly.

Dan