users@woodstock.java.net

Re: Problem Running the woodstock examples

From: Venkatesh Babu <Venkatesh.M_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 23:23:22 +0530

Hi Rasha,

ABDALLAH Rasha wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I am new to Woodstock, so I have started by taking a look at the
> examples provided at http://webdev2.sun.com/example
>
> I have downloaded the code, tried to run it from my own project
>

> I have tried both the popupmenu and the button example, but the
> listeners (changeValueListener and actionListener) do not seem to work.
>
> My container is Tomcat 6.0.

Make sure you do not have any javascript errors on the page. This maybe
a reason why your page is not getting submitted.
You may need to specify an actionListenerExpression for the button..
Popup menu has an eventListenerExpression.
You can take a look at the generated tld docs for more information.

> My question is, am I missing some jars? Is it a problem with my
> container (I also tried to run the examples over Glassfish and
> couldn't get the events to be fired)
>
> My other question is: I looked through the generated source for the
> page, it seems to include the client side javascript; but where is it
> doing the mapping for the eventListener?

EventListeners are server side listeners. When you submit the page, they
get triggered on the server side code.

-Venky