users@woodstock.java.net

Re: disabling components

From: Bob Yennaco <Bob.Yennaco_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:18:41 -0400

There's no technical mechanism to prevent an author from using any of
the components. You would have to police this manually. For instance,
something like a User Interface Review Board (UIRB) that would review
the apps for compliance and which are empowered to prevent non-compliant
apps from shipping. A novel concept - let us know how it works! ;-)