users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] Re: WebSocketContainer.connectToServer

From: Arun Gupta <arun.p.gupta_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 10:26:47 -0800

Danny,

>> How do I get hooks beforeRequest and afterResponse in this case ?
> For annotated clients, you can't right now. We could add a
> configuration attribute so you could intercept it with a
> *Configuration implementation, but I'm not sure its very common to
> want to do it for annotated endpoints. Do you ?
I was thinking more from mirroring the API perspective, don't have a
good use case for now.

>> Similarly, what if my app wants to rely upon the default
>> configuration for interface-driven client ? Can we provide an
>> overloaded method ?
> You can implement ClientEndpointConfiguration (or subclass
> DefaultClientConfiguration) and stick it in the relevant
> connectToServer() method.
Do you expect any other usage of ClientEndpointConfiguration interface ?
Would the default class be enough ?

Should the class be called DefaultClientEndpointConfiguration instead ?
I know the name is fairly long but was wondering if that was considered.

Arun

--
http://twitter.com/arungupta
http://blogs.oracle.com/arungupta