users@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-users] [jsr356-experts] Re: Dynamic Path matching

From: Joe Walnes <joe_at_walnes.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 16:27:16 -0500

I echo most of Mark's opinions, with one difference...

I'd give a +1 to suggestion 3. I've seen this pattern used frequently. e.g.
/stream/newsfeed/{category}.

However, I would pass the path parameters to the @WebSocketOpen call as
it's the kind of thing you care about at connection time, rather than each
individual message.