jsr356-experts@websocket-spec.java.net

[jsr356-experts] Build a Project List

From: Danny Coward <danny.coward_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:00:37 -0700

Hi folks,

To get things going, can you help me build a list of Java projects that
have already started supporting Web Sockets in some manner ?

We'll use this list to compare what we are doing, validate requirements,
get inspiration. And will hope to keep it current as we go along.

Here's the list of projects (in no particular order) I've been tracking.
Some of you know some of them quite well :)

Can you send me any obvious ones we're missing to complete the list ?

Thanks,

- Danny

* Java-WebSocket
http://java-websocket.org/
"A barebones WebSocket client and server implementation written in 100%
Java"

* jWebSocket
http://jwebsocket.org/
"jWebSocket is a pure Java/JavaScript high speed bidirectional
communication solution for the Web server and various clients"

* Grizzly
http://grizzly.java.net/
Framework for building web servers of various scales and types incl Web
Socket client & server apis.

* Autobahn
http://autobahn.ws/developers
Including Android web socket client

* WeberKnecht
http://code.google.com/p/weberknecht/
Project with Java SE / Android clients

* Jetty
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/
Java Web Container including WebSockets support.

* Caucho Resin
Java Server including web container with WebSockets support.
see for example:
http://www.caucho.com/resin-4.0/examples/websocket-java/index.xtp

* Kaazing WebSocket Gateway
Gateway products, includes Java developer APIs for web sockets.
e.g. http://tech.kaazing.com/documentation/dragonfire/howto-java.html

* WebSocket SDK
Prototyping high level APIs & annotations for Web Sockets.
http://java.net/projects/websocket-sdk

* Webbit http://webbitserver.org/
A Java event based WebSocket and HTTP server
http://groups.google.com/group/webbit / http://webbitserver.org/

* Servlet 3.1
Proposing API for server side of Http Upgrade mechanism to enable
websockets support to be build on the Servlet Container
e.g.:
http://java.net/projects/servlet-spec/lists/jsr340-experts/archive/2012-02/message/8

--
<http://www.oracle.com> 	*Danny Coward *