users@wadl.java.net

Re: name of method with href to method definition not shown

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 08:47:26 -0500

What you are doing looks fine from a WADL perspective. I suspect there
might be an issue with the XSLT stylesheet. The page where that is
hosted:

http://www.mnot.net/webdesc/

asks for feedback to be sent to this mailing list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-web-http-desc/

so perhaps you could resend this query there. I'm not sure if the XSLT
author monitors this list.

Thanks,
Marc.

On Feb 14, 2008, at 8:12 AM, Martin Grotzke wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting with wadl and like it very much.
>
> I have a wadl file that is transformed with wadl_documentation.xsl,
> which works very well.
>
> Just one thing seems not to work: when I have a method reference like
> this one inside a resource element:
> <method href="#getFoo" />
>
> (and of course the method definition with id="getFoo" and name="GET")
> the method GET is not displayed in the methods section of the
> generated
> html. Though the response/representation of the method is displayed as
> one of the available response representations, so really only the
> method
> name is not displayed.
>
> Though, when the method reference contains the method name (GET) like
> this:
> <method href="#getFoo" name="GET" />
>
> the method GET is displayed in the methods section.
>
> Shouldn't the method name of the method with id="getFoo" be used?
>
> I hope this is the right place to ask this... :)
>
> Thanx in advance,
> cheers,
> Martin
>

> the relevant parts of the application.wadl:
>
> <resources base="http://localhost:8080/">
> <resource path="{fooid}">
> <param name="fooid" style="template"
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" type="xs:string" />