users@wadl.java.net

name of method with href to method definition not shown

From: Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke_at_javakaffee.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:12:14 +0100

Hi,

I'm just starting with wadl and like it very much.

I have a wadl file that is transformed with wadl_documentation.xsl,
which works very well.

Just one thing seems not to work: when I have a method reference like
this one inside a resource element:
<method href="#getFoo" />

(and of course the method definition with id="getFoo" and name="GET")
the method GET is not displayed in the methods section of the generated
html. Though the response/representation of the method is displayed as
one of the available response representations, so really only the method
name is not displayed.

Though, when the method reference contains the method name (GET) like
this:
<method href="#getFoo" name="GET" />

the method GET is displayed in the methods section.

Shouldn't the method name of the method with id="getFoo" be used?

I hope this is the right place to ask this... :)

Thanx in advance,
cheers,
Martin

the relevant parts of the application.wadl:

  <resources base="http://localhost:8080/">
    <resource path="{fooid}">
      <param name="fooid" style="template"
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" type="xs:string" />