users@wadl.java.net

RE: Support query parameters without value

From: Jerome Louvel <contact_at_noelios.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 12:18:56 +0100

Marc,

> Perhaps it would be useful to be able to specify the media-type used
> for the query component in the WADL description, defaulting to
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded ? That way if a new format for
> query components is desired it can be utilized without revising the
> specification. Interop would, of course, depend on client and server
> both understanding the query component format.

Having profiles for the query part makes sense. I would see three initial
one:
 1) Web form (application/x-www-form-urlencoded)
 2) Matrix (variant of Web form allowing parameters with no value)
 3) Pattern (where parameters could be used like
"{param1.name}={param1.value}") the advantage would be to leverage the
parameters declaration/typing like in profile (1).

Best regards,
Jerome