dev@wadl.java.net

Re: Package names

From: Farrukh Najmi <farrukh_at_wellfleetsoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:02:17 -0400

Wilfred Springer wrote:
> Farrukh,
>
> I noticed that you also changed the names of the packages. (That is,
> in wadl2java; it did prevent me from building the latest version, by
> the way ;-) Just fixed that a minute ago.)

Sorry about that. I felt that we shoudl fix the basic package naming
before we create many more packages. Note that I see the yahoo sample
being broken into an ant specific sampel and a maven specific sample.

> I'm ok with changing it in anything we like, but I don't think this is
> actually *required* for the integration. I'd prefer to move to an
> integrated build ASAP, and then start working on the head to make
> changes like these. Changing all of this too might make merging the
> two code bases harder.

It would be painful to make basic package name change later compared to
earlier IMHO as there is more code to contend with.
As for merging, it will need to be functional equivalent of a replace
due to major changes to align with maven default directory structure.
I am for dealing with this now rather than later. BTW for global
multi-file replacement I find jedit quite good.

Since much of this is already done perhaps this is no longer an issue?

> Any comments?
>
> From my perspective, I think we are done when:
>
> * We are able to generate the same + more artifacts that the build was
> producing before.
> * Make sure everything can be built automatically using the CI
> solution that we are going to use
> (+ ideally, have some tests.)
>
> Do I miss anything?

Sounds reasonable. The only thing to add is to split the yahoo sample
into maven and ant specific samples.