users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Denying a member to Join a Group

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 10:07:40 -0700

Hi Samul
It is one thing to have a member authenticated to a specific group. And
another to have isolation of groups with identical names. For member
authentication within a group, the member needs to pass in a Certificate
object through Properties. Now, although Jxta supports it we have not
implemented code to support that. For group level isolation, please see
below.

Are the identically named groups expected to be in the same subnet?
If not, then as long as your router/switch does not support passing
multicast messages between groups, you should be able to retain
identically named groups.
If you do have groups within the same subnet, you can achieve isolation
by using different multicast address and port for each group.

Let us know if this works for you.

--shreedhar