users@shoal.java.net

leader problem

From: Rogerio Maretti <rogerio.maretti_at_eversystems.com.br>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:21:21 -0300 (BRT)

Hi Shreedhar,

I'm using shoal in the project I've been working at, related to fault tolerance. I'll have only CORE members (n), but only the leader will have the power to do things such as connecting to other systems, etc. When I test the application running many instances (members) in the same machine, the application works well, but when I test each instance running in different machines at the same network, the application doesn't work well, sometimes it elects more than one leader, which couldn't happen in my application logic. Do you have any idea of what is happening?

I didn't change the configuration of ServiceProviderConfigurationKeys, I pass null.
GMSFactory.startGMSModule(instanceName, "TEST_GROUP", GroupManagementService.MemberType.CORE, null);

Thanks,
Rogério Maretti