users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] shoal usage

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:01:44 -0700

Hi Leehui
Good questions:

leehui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a newbie. I have three questions.
>
> Can I invoke GroupHandle's methods at once after I call gms.join()? Are there some event notifications to notify itself that gms is ready.

The join() call is a blocking call in that it returns only after group
join has occurred. So you should be able to call GroupHandle's apis
without any waiting.
> Can I add ActionFactory after gms.join() ?

Its better to do that before the join() call as this will ensure all
notifications are received by the client components.
> How to use component in shoal?

I did not follow this question. Could you explain a bit further with an
example maybe?

Thanks
Shreedhar