users@shoal.java.net

GMS structure/usage

From: Johan Mårtensson XX <johan.xx.martensson_at_ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:23:50 +0100

Hello,

I am looking in to using the GMS service and have had a hard time finding comprehensive documentation regarding the entities involved and the behavior of GMS. Is this the right list for these questions or should I be sending to the devel-list instead?

My understanding, as based on google :), is that there are three major entitites: Groups, Components, MemberTokens. My somewhat educated guesses are that Groups span across a cluster, Components are sub-groups in a Group, and that MemberTokens are unique identifiers for a user in the cluster. Is this a correct description?

I would be very grateful for any further reading.

Regards,

Johan Mårtensson