users@shoal.java.net

Re: [Shoal-Users] Shoal for Compute Grid?

From: Shreedhar Ganapathy <Shreedhar.Ganapathy_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:17:18 -0700

Hi Albert
We have experimented with deploying Shoal on the SunGrid (Network.com)
as a pilot project and learning from the experience. Overall, it showed
that applications can use Shoal in a grid environment successfully. Our
interest now is to see how Shoal can be employed as a grid enabling engine.

In this respect, you can surely try out Shoal as is, on a set of nodes
with simple compute server app written on top that would realize this on
a limited scale and move up from there.

The shoal build instructions are located here.
https://shoal.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentView?documentID=43252&noNav=true

The latest shoal 1.0 download bits are here
https://shoal.dev.java.net/files/documents/5135/69556/shoal-1.0_08302007.zip
:

Let us know how we can work together to make this happen.

Cheers
Shreedhar