jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trailer header implementation

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 15:54:05 +0200

I think the following is simplest.

If getTrailerFields() is called before -1 is read on a request with non
zero content-length, then an IllegalStateException is thrown. Ie, don't
call the method if there is no chance headers will be available.

Then when it is allowable to be called we return null if there are no
headers or a map if there are.

If you want to distinguish the case that headers were possible, but none
were sent, then an empty map can be returned rather than null.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com