jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Subject [166-TRAILERS] CONDITIONALLY CLOSED

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 07:50:34 +0200

On 25 April 2017 at 22:32, Shing Wai Chan <shing.wai.chan_at_oracle.com> wrote:

> I have a second thought on this. In fact, we do not need to consider this
> case as header names are case-insensitive.
> (see RFC 7230, section 3.2)
> So, there is no further issue for III.

Shing Wai,

That is true for sending trailers - we can send them in any case.

The problem is really only for getTrailerFields, where we need to address
the case issue. Either the map has to be case insensitive or the container
needs to convert all keys to lowercase, otherwise code like:

  request.getTrailerFields().get("CheckSum");

will be fragile with respect to the case of the actual header and
implementations will have to resort to iteration rather than lookup.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com