jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Proposed fundamental spec change: require h2c and h2

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_webtide.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 09:16:30 +1000

Ed,

I'm not so sure that requiring a specific protocol is that meaningful. In
the IETF working group discussions about protocols (where quic is being
discussed as the next thing after h2), they frequently use language to talk
about HTTP semantics vs HTTP or other transport protocols.

So perhaps we should just require containers to support the HTTP semantic
as defined by the relevant RFCs and allow flexibility in the protocols used
to transport that semantic.

regards