jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] From JSF Expert Group: String HttpServletRequest.getMapping()

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:45:47 -0700

B> Just wanted to say +1 to this proposal. Having a
B> HttpServletRequest#getMapping() is really useful.

Hello Volunteers,

What do you all think of adding

public String getMapping()

to HttpServletRequest?

This would return the mapping used to invoke the current Servlet or
Filter.

Now, you might say that we should try to define some type safe concept
for the return from this method. Perhaps. If folks see the value in
that, we can consider it, but for my money a simple String would be a
big improvement.

Ed