jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Reactive Streams and Servlet 4: synergy or no?

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 05:07:54 -0700

GW> Mark,

GW> Here is Doug Lea's proposal to include Flows (aka Reactive Streams) in
GW> Java-9:
GW> http://cs.oswego.edu/pipermail/concurrency-interest/2015-January/013641.html
GW> I've not seen much discussion on its inclusion or not, so currently I'm
GW> assuming it is going in.

At this point all we can say is that the idea has not yet been rejected
out of hand. Also, we have to remember that the idea's inclusion or
absence in JDK 9 only impacts our design regarding how we resolve our
design with it when we get to Java EE 9 running on Java SE 9. In other
words, we can't use this work directly, but we darn well better play
nice and consistent with it when we get to EE/SE 9.

Thanks,

Ed