jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Reactive Streams and Servlet 4: synergy or no?

From: Edward Burns <edward.burns_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 10:44:45 -0700

Hello Volunteers,

For the upcoming JavaOne EDR, I would like to at least know whether or
not we should address the Reactive Streams [1] initative sponsored by
TypeSafe in Servlet 4.

I am aware that Greg Wilkins has done some exploratory work in this
area, and I am intrigued with his idea of being able to leverage the
flow-control facility of HTTP/2 to convey "backpressure".

(As an aside, I would love it if someone would explain how backpressure
differs from congestion control a la RFC 5681.)

Thanks,

Ed

[1] https://www.diigo.com/user/edburns_diigo/reactive