jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: HTTP/2 Push Was: Server-Sent Events in Java EE 8

From: Rémy Maucherat <rmaucher_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 17:26:01 +0200

On 07/08/2014 10:45, Mark Thomas wrote:
> If we go with the simple request.push() then I think users are going
> to start raising the issues you highlighted - particularly the
> cross-context push - quite quickly. Therefore it looks to me that the
> RequestDispatcher option is the better one. Mark
+1 given the described intent, this request dispatcher based API looks
very appropriate. I am less convinced however by heuristics to define
"resource groups" to push when a certain resource is requested, maybe
this could instead be configurable in web.xml and/or using an annotation.

As a side note, since I don't plan to be part of the next Servlet EG,
I'd like to use this opportunity to thank all the people most involved
in producing the previous Servlet specifications, including in
particular but not limited to: Rajiv, Shing Wai, Mark and Greg.

Thanks,
Rémy