jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Clarification on instance of ServletContainerInitializer

From: Shing Wai Chan <shing.wai.chan_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 13:55:49 -0700

In 8.2.4 of Servlet 3.0, we have
"An instance of the ServletContainerInitializer is looked up via the jar
services API by the container at container / application startup time."

I would like to clarify that an instance of ServletContainerInitializer
is created for each web application.
Proposed changes:
"*The ServletContainerInitializer class* is looked up via the jar
services API.
*For each application,* an instance of the ServletContainerInitializer
*is created* by the container at *application* startup time."

Please let me know if there is any comment.
Shing Wai Chan