jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] Re: WebSocket update

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:47:44 +1100

Rajiv.

Oh cool... should have read this before responding to Remy.

Makes sense for the servlet API to avoid trying to solve all of the WS
API issues and instead just focus on how to well handle the initial
upgrade request and then pass control to some other specification.

Note that I'm not that keen on allowing applications to handle the
upgraded connection. I'd like to see that containers are still
responsible for whatever protocol is upgraded to. So we need a way
to expose the upgrade HTTP request to the servlet together with
knowledge of what target protocols the container supports.

cheers