jsr340-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr340-experts] WebSocket update

From: Rajiv Mordani <rajiv.mordani_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:31:48 -0700

Hi All,
     After some internal discussions around WebSockets we have come to
the conclusion that for Servlet 3.1 spec we will target only the upgrade
portion of the specification. We intend to file a JSR soon targeted for
WebSocket itself as the protocol which will address the issue of
WebSockets in the Java EE platform. When we do file the JSR I will let
the EG know so that those interested in participating in the JSR can
join the expert group for the JSR.

In the meantime Shing Wai has been working on a proposal for upgrade
support in the Servlet API and is working out some issues based on
feedback received internally and will send to the EG soon.

- Rajiv