users@jsr311.java.net

x-www-form-urlencoded Content Type and rest WS

From: Denis <deniak.nospam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:25:04 +0200

Hi Paul,

I just checked my Tomcat configuration file (server.xml) and I don't have
any valves registered
but I was able to get my parameters using Servlet.getParameter*.

As you said and according to the Servlet.getParameter result, the body of
the request must be consumed
before.
Do you have any idea when and where it's consumed?
It's really strange. Here's what I found in the ServletRequest javadoc:

*If the parameter data was sent in the request body, such as occurs
with an HTTP POST request, then reading the body directly via {_at_link
#getInputStream} or {_at_link #getReader} can interfere
with the execution of this method.*

By the way, thanks for your help.