users@jsr311.java.net

Re: sub resource locators & generating urls

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:07:23 +0200

Hi Marc

>>> [...] Dependencies are only injeced in classes instantieated by the
>>> runtime. Marc answered a reason I think, but I didn't know the
>>> reason yet. I also think it is useful to allow this injection.
>> I guess it simply is a necessary trade off that had to be made?
> The main issue is that the application is in charge of the returned
> object's lifecycle so its hard to know when its desirable to inject
> and when not.
I see now reason when not to inject. If it is a singelton, where the
runtime should not inject, than IMO the developer should not annotate
methods or fields with @Context. And if something is injected, it IMO
doesn't matter, if the objects are injected again.
Let me know.

best regards
   Stephan