users@jsr311.java.net

Re: JAX-RS: _at_Path limited=false templates: (?!/).+(?<!/)

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 15:51:15 +0200

Hi Marc,
>> you are right, the current javadoc says nothing what should happen
>> with @Path(value="{abc}/def", limited=false). If I remeber right, the
>> limited is only checked for trailing variables, so it is ignored in
>> this example. Marc, perhaps you could defines explicit, that the
>> limited attribute is ignored for all not trailing template variables.
> Its already pretty explicit in the javadoc:
>
> https://jsr311.dev.java.net/nonav/javadoc/javax/ws/rs/Path.html#limited()
I mean to add a sentence like "Template variables not at the end of the
path are not affected". I didn't understand this right, and if I
understood James right, he also didn't understand it right.
For wide used specificatiosn it is IMO better to make things a little
bit too clear than to less clear.

best regards
   Stephan