users@jsr311.java.net

Re: RuntimeDelegate.createEndpoint()

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:34:18 -0400

Marc Hadley wrote:
> On May 30, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
>>
>> As far as JAX-WS goes, I don't think it should even be mentioned in
>> the specification. The Endpoint interface brings in a lot of baggage
>> that we don't want/need in REST, or concepts (like Handlers) that we
>> may want a JAX-RS style/flavor for.
>>
> Having looked more closely at JAX-WS endpoint I have to agree that we
> should steer clear, there's too much that's inappropriate.
>
> So, the question is: do we invent our own interface similar to JAX-WS
> Endpoint but without the stuff we don't need or do we stick with the
> current API and defer the question of a standard endpoint interface to a
> subsequent revision of the spec.

I'll answer with a question: What are the general deployments going to
be? Does the createEndpoint or a JAX-RS Endpoint model fit within the
Spring model? EJB/EE model? Its the same reason I don't like the
ApplicationConfig class. I'm not sure it fits in either Spring or EE.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat