users@jsr311.java.net

Re: RuntimeDelegate.createEndpoint()

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:22:59 -0400

On May 30, 2008, at 1:37 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> As far as JAX-WS goes, I don't think it should even be mentioned in
> the specification. The Endpoint interface brings in a lot of baggage
> that we don't want/need in REST, or concepts (like Handlers) that
> we may want a JAX-RS style/flavor for.

Having looked more closely at JAX-WS endpoint I have to agree that we
should steer clear, there's too much that's inappropriate.

So, the question is: do we invent our own interface similar to JAX-WS
Endpoint but without the stuff we don't need or do we stick with the
current API and defer the question of a standard endpoint interface to
a subsequent revision of the spec.

Personally I'm happy with the status quo.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>
CTO Office, Sun Microsystems.