dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: JAX-RS 2.0

From: Stefan Tilkov <stefan.tilkov_at_innoq.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 23:03:34 +0200

On 13.05.2009, at 21:29, Bill Burke wrote:
> Marc Hadley wrote:
>
>> (v) Templating/MVC
>> Production of representations using standard template technologies
>> (e.g. JSP).
>
> I know you guys (Jersey) have some stuff around this. Resteasy did
> some integration with Spring's ModelAndView objects. The Seam team
> did some Resteasy integration around their equivalent as well.
> There's probably something standard we can define here.
>
> BUT...I'm not sure this should be the domain of JAX-RS as this is
> more of a Web-Framework like feature. Maybe JAX-RS should focus on
> tighter integration with JSF/Web Beans instead?

I disagree; frankly I feel it's probably next to impossible to make
JSF RESTful. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

IMO, a simple view technology would be a great addition to JAX-RS, as
I don't see any reason to separate Web applications into those serving
browsers and those serving other kinds of clients.

> Finally:
>
> How about
>
> (vi) Asynchronous HTTP Support
>
> We wrote very simple, but powerful, Async HTTP abstraction:
>
> http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/resteasy/freezone/docs/1.1-RC2/userguide/html/Asynchronous_HTTP_Request_Processing.html

Totally unacceptable as the curly braces in the code samples are in
all the wrong places :-) Seriously though, I like this.

Stefan