dev@jsr311.java.net

Fixing binary backwards incompatibility in 1.1

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:10:41 -0400

Experts,

We discovered a binary backwards incompatibility in the 1.1 API
related to the changes for C008 in the change log:

https://jsr311.dev.java.net/drafts/changelog.1.1.html

Fixing the incompatibility required two changes:

- We added extra status(Status) (vs status(StatusType)) methods to
Response and Response builder.
- We moved the Family enum back from StatusType to Status.

Both changes were only required for binary compatibility (running an
app compiled against the 1.0 API in a 1.1 implementation), source
compatibility was already preserved in the initial changes.

Marc.