dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Final Ballot Results

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:15:33 -0400

Thank you Marc. IMO, the spec is already a success. We've garnered a
lot of interest from a few of our larger customers already. People like
the spec.

The only thing I worry about is Servlet 3.0. Did you see they have
something similar to MessageBodyReader/Writers? Now that you're
finished, maybe we can put some pressure on Servlet 3.0. IMO, JAX-RS is
a better Servlet and as one of my community members said "HTTP done
right". Its time to get specs aligned instead of competing with each other.