dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: EJB integration

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:10:59 -0400

Larry Cable wrote:
> +1!!!
>
> Bill Burke wrote:
>> This is something to think of down the road for the JAX-RS revision in
>> EE 6...
>>
>> Basic EJB integration could be very simple. Since WAR's will support
>> deploying EJB jars within WEB-INF/lib, we can say that any EJB's
>> annotated with JAX-RS annotations will take on the root context of the
>> WAR and be available under that URL. The only thing sucky about this
>> is the url-pattern limitations of web.xml. It would be cool if we
>> could also allow JAX-RS @Path expressions within url-pattern matching
>> (for security constraints and filters).
>>
> Do we need the Servlet 3.0 EG to include something here?

IMO, we do. Its stupid we can't leverage the Servlet spec to do XML
declarative things (like security and filters) for JAX-RS. url-patterns
are so *bleepin* braindead and limited and also applying security
constraints and filters based on mime-type would be interesting as well.

Bill

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat