dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Re: ContextResolver removal

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:45:32 +0200

Marc Hadley wrote:
>>> I have also to say that I need time to understand what the
>>> ContextResolver is for. You could add some javadoc, that an example
>>> use is for JAXBContext.
>>
>> Question: Is the container supposed to search for and use
>> @ProduceMime/_at_ConsumeMime annotations on a ContextResolver?
>>
> Not currently.
>
>> Makes sense that you might want to have different JAXBContext for the
>> same type and different mime format. (A Jettison enabled/configured
>> JAXBContext for JSON for example).
>>
> Sounds like an interesting idea.

Jersey provides a JSON specific JAXBContext implementation that inherits
from JAXBContext. So far there has been no need to utilize
produce/consume for such support.

An alternative may be to include the media type as an argument to the
get method i.e. is the direction, consuming or producing important?

It may also be useful to consider using context resolver for obtaining
the JAXB unmarshaller/marshaller for a type as well since properties can
be set of these. This straightforward to support.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz