dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Servlet spec changes for security and JSR311

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:54:49 +0200

Hi Bill,
> Finally, security is one of those cross cutting concerns that a lot of
> users want statically declared in XML. Although a neat feature,
> dynamic sublocators are a pretty fringe, esoteric use case that 99% of
> users won't want or need.
I don't like it to have here my code and at another point (XML file) the
security declaration. IMO this is only useful if their are a *very*
little number of global declarations. If I need it differentiated for
multiple artifacts, than I hate it to have this separated, because this
concepts tend to forget the change in the xml file.

Stephan