dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: _at_*Param and List<?>

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 11:42:01 +0100

Marc Hadley wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Stephan Koops wrote:
>>
>> @Marc: +1.
>> I think it is useful to allow also Set and SortedSet. Sometimes the
>> order is irrelevant and/or dublicates could or should be ignored for
>> the app. I propose also to allow Collection.
>
> OK.

What would be the order and dups policy when Collection is specified?

I don't think Collection should be allowed and the developer should be
explicit about the ordering/dups through the Java type specified.

>> What, if no parameter "bar" could be read from the query and no
>> @DefaultValue is given? Empty collection or null? I think an empty
>> collection is, but this should be defined.
>
> +1 to empty collection.
>

>> Is the collection allowed to be modifiable? I think, it should be
>> unmodifiable.
>>
> +1 to read-only.

If we are trying to keep things immutable then should arrays of stuff
should be allowed?

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question