dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Problem with StreamedOutput model

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 14:28:07 +0100

Hello Bill,

why must the MessageBodyWriter (or the StreamingOutput) blocks, why not
the resource method?
This brings application logic in the MessageBodyWriter. But this is not
the business of the MessageBodyWriter, as its name says.

If the resource method blocks, than it is also not necessary, that the
MessageBodyWriter throws Exceptions or changes HTTP headers.

best regards
   Stephan