dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: JSR311: Header and Response Code constants

From: Stephan Koops <Stephan.Koops_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 12:58:21 +0100

Hello Bill,

this is a good idea.
Is it possible, to support @ProduceMime(MediaType.APPLICATION_XML), and
also make MediaType.APPLICATION_XML available as a
jawax.ws.rs.core.MediaType (e.g. for ResponseBuilder.type(MediaType),
for compariosns of HttpHeaders.getMediaType() and
HttpHeaders.getAcceptableMediaTypes and so on.

IMO it is good to put the http header names in one class/interface (e.g.
HttpHeaders), the status codes to another class/interface (e.g. Status)
and so on. IMO Status.OK is better than HttpConstants.STATUS_OK or
something like that.