dev@jsr311.java.net

multipart

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:16:00 -0500

I don't know if jax-rs plans to add support for multipart (form-data,
mixed, etc...) (I wish we would figure out an abstraction), but
currently I don't see a way of supporting it portably in the current model.

The main reason is that there is no way of looking up providers by
mediaType and class. There used to be a createMessageBodyReader/Writer.
  I wish we could bring that back. That way, a mulitpart @Provider
could look up and call marshalling based on this. i.e.

public interface MultipartMixed {

     public void writeObject(MediaType type, Object obj);
}

or

@ProduceMime("multipart/mixed")
List<String> get() { ... }

@Provider will have a match based on multipart, Collection as a type.
It iterates through the collection and finds a MessageBodyReader or
Writer. Creates its own header/outputstream objects, calls the
reader/writer, returns.

or

@ProduceMime("multipart/form-data")
MyForm