dev@jsr311.java.net

Re: Issue 1: Adding additional conneg metadata to _at_Produce/ConsumeXXX

From: Marc Hadley <Marc.Hadley_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 11:27:57 -0400

On May 21, 2007, at 11:09 AM, Paul Sandoz wrote:

> Marc Hadley wrote:
>>>
>>> Like you, I'm not sure yet about the practicality of declaring those
>>> metadata as annotations. However, I think that we should protect the
>>> resource code from client preferences considerations like parsing/
>>> analyzing
>>> the Accept* headers!
>>>
>> I think we can certainly help with the parsing as I suggested.
>
> Another way of thinking about this is to have isAcceptable and
> isNotAcceptable methods on say an 'AcceptableEvaluator' interface.

Interesting idea. Perhaps we could generalize the existing
ProconditionEvaluator interface:

https://jsr311.dev.java.net/sketches/sketch3/javax/ws/rs/core/
PreconditionEvaluator.html

Additional methods could be added to enable an application to
dynamically check if the available languages, encodings and charsets
meet the clients preferences or not.

Marc.

---
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley at sun.com>