dev@jsr311.java.net

R2 of SWDP

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:29:43 +0200

Hi,

R2 [1] of SWDP contains an implementation of the API Marc and I
submitted as input to the EG to start the discussion.

Ideally we would have liked to get this released as soon as we submitted
the API as input, mais c'est le 'release cycle' :-(

Although some aspects of the JSR API have changed and improved on
(notably the use of the builder pattern and agreements on resource life
cycle) the initial submission still has MANY aspects under discussion,
namely that of Consume/ProduceMime, or to be discussed.

I strongly recommend people download it and have a play. There is no
substitute for hands-on-experimentation/engineering and i believe that
as a result we will be in a good position to produce a better API. The
best place to start playing is with the examples.

If you have any issues i will endeavor to resolve them ASAP and may be
able to help in the creation of examples to better help peoples
understanding of the issues under discussion in the EG.

Paul.

[1] http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/r2_of_swdp

--
| ? + ? = To question