dev@jsr311.java.net

RE: Sketch of updated APIs (was Re: Redirection and creation)

From: Jerome Louvel <jerome.louvel_at_noelios.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:01:46 +0200

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update, it looks better. Some initial remarks:
 - why not merge the three SPI subpackages into a single javax.ws.rs.spi
one. It would only contain 6 types and greatly reduce the "apparent" size on
the API?
 - as JAXB isn't part of JSE 5.0, it seems like we shouldn't have
JAXBRepresentation (with dependencies on javax.xml.bind package) directly in
the API. I'm sure we can support JAXB without requiring such a dependency in
the API.

Best regards,
Jerome