dev@jsr311.java.net

3 solutions or 1 solution <was> Re: Redirection and creation <was> Re: Container Independence

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 23:11:15 +0200

Hi Jerome,

I will try once more to get my point across.

You are proposing 3 different solutions to solve the redirect use-
case. I am proposing 1 solution *.

We need to have some really compelling use-cases to justify the
increased complexity and triplication your solutions introduce.

Paul.

* debates about the number of classes vs. annotations and method
signature constraints are just red herrings. Each can use a similar
number of classes or annotations and each imposes constraints on the
return type of the method signatures. There are minor differences and
we don't need to quibble about them.