dev@jsp.java.net

Re: JDTJavaCompiler

From: Jan Bartel <janb_at_webtide.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 17:37:06 +1000

Hi Rajiv and Kin-Man,

We don't want to go to jdk1.6, so the jsr199 compiler is out. We moved
away from using
the tools.jar to make startup easier (less config), not sure if there
was also a speed consideration
as well (I think so).Not to mention the fact that the eclipse compiler
decouples from Sun's
jvm (not a concern for you guys I'm sure :)).

Ideally we'd like to keep using the eclipse jdt compiler. If Kin-Man can
find a way to make the JDTJavaCompiler class available in the jar that
would be great. We're
happy to do provide the eclipse jdt jars in our own build if you want
to keep them out of your
pom.

cheers
Jan