users@jsonb-spec.java.net

[jsonb-spec users] [jsr367-experts] Re: adapter: new withAdapter method?

From: Roman Grigoriadi <roman.grigoriadi_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 15:16:30 +0100

Yes, this is exactly the case. As long as type arguments generic
information is preserved we don't need any of Type getFromType() on
adapters itself, or as arguments for JsonbConfig.withAdapter method. I
tried to put this info in JsonbAdapter type javadoc. It simplyfies
adapter declaration. The only tricky part to watch out is with
TypeVariable adapters like MyAdapter<A, B>. I don't think it would be
that common, but we could throw specific expection on user, describing
that generic information is lost and we can't infere a type.

Roman