users@jsonb-spec.java.net

[jsonb-spec users] [jsr367-experts] Re: jsr367 vs jep198

From: Hendrik Dev <hendrikdev22_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 20:48:21 +0100

There is currently a discussion on the jsr-366 mailinglist [1] about this.
At least JEP 198 doesn't overlap with jsr-367 because binding is
defined as a non-goal in JEP 198.
But sooner or later i guess they came up with a JEP that will target
json binding.

I think we cannot use Java 8 features for JSON-B cause "JSR is
targeted for Java SE 7 or higher" (Section 2.2 of the JSR request)

Kind regards
Hendrik

[1] https://java.net/projects/javaee-spec/lists/users/archive/2014-11/thread/3#00059

--