users@jsf-extensions.java.net

Re: Problems with DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction

From: Scott <jackett_dad_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 07:34:48 -0700 (PDT)

Roger, Well this is a miracle. I've reproduced the problem in a sample application that I will send to you directly as a war attachment (instead of sending everyone on the list the attachment). Note that this used to be a jmaki application, but I had some problems getting that to work since my pages are xhtml and not jsp. I just verified that this works with Tomcat 5.5.23. There are problems if you have Tomcat installed in a path that has spaces in it as per this thread (http://forums.java.net/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=19332). At any rate, the startup url is http://localhost:8080/jmaki-yahoo-jsf/jsfadmin/pages/access_rules/rules_template.jsf ... once you have dropped this jar into the webapps folder of your tomcat installation. The url will bring up a tabbed container (there is one error on another tab, but you can ignore this). On the left side, you will see two links, Start Page and Access Rules. You are on the Access Rules page to start with. You can see navigation work by clicking between these two links. To mess it up, select a group (Group 2, Group 3, etc on the tabbed pane. You will see that in the lower section of the page that the name of the selected group will change to reflect your selection (this is very simple and not impressive). That will have caused the DynaFaces transaction to kick off, and thus navigation won't work any more. Now click on the Start Page link to see the problem I am having. Thanks for taking the time to look at this. Scott ----- Original Message ---- From: Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain@Sun.COM> To: users@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net Cc: Ed.Burns@Sun.COM; jackett_dad@yahoo.com Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:46:18 AM Subject: Re: Problems with DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction Ok... then how about the relevant stuff that I can mimick with a simplified application? Are the links on your nav bar commandLinks? So maybe start by sending the jsp page(s) that is causing the problem.. -roger Scott wrote: > Roger, > > If that's what it is going to take to resolve this, it might take me a > few days to put together. This is serious enough to warrant the > effort. Right now my application comes bundled with the Girl, the > Gold Watch and Everything ( old movie, sorry, dating myself here ). I > would have to transfer all the applicable resources to a separate > project and try to reproduce it on a micro scale. > > I will try to do this and get back to you. And thanks! > > Scott > ----- Original Message ---- > From: Roger Kitain <Roger.Kitain@Sun.COM> > To: jackett_dad@yahoo.com > Cc: users@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net; ed Burns <Ed.Burns@Sun.COM> > Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2007 8:38:08 AM > Subject: Re: Problems with DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction > > Hi Scott - > > Any chance you can provide a war (contianig jsp's, beans, etc..) > for your application (if it's not too big)? > > Thanks, Roger. > > Scott wrote: > > I've been quite successful in creating a JSF application (1.2) using > > the jsf extensions to dynamically call and render portions of my jsf > > pages. > > > > So far so good. > > > > But I am having trouble on one of my pages. My navigation bar works > > just as it should, bringing me to various places in my application. > > Each link refreshes the entire page. > > > > I have narrowed my issue to the moment after I fire a dynamic ajax > > transaction, that thereafter, my navigation renders a only a portion > > of the page I am leaving from. The page renders a Dojo notebook, and > > the DynaFaces transaction updates a portion of the notebook page. > > When I try to navigate away from the whole page althogether, instead > > of going away, the JSF servlet returns the notebook page as the whole > > page without the surrounding notebook, and the page elements > > surrounding the notebook. Something in the DynaFaces request has > > caused the servlet to go into a partial state. > > > > This is an example of a control that causes this problem. I have two > > other examples from other tab panes that cause the exact same problem > > to occur, but this is just one: > > > > <h:selectOneListbox id="groupListBox" > > value="#{groupsBean.selectedGroup}" > > style="width:275px;height:309px" > > valueChangeListener="#{groupsBean.groupSelected}" > > onchange="DynaFaces.fireAjaxTransaction(this, { > > execute: 'groupListBox', > > render: 'selectedGroupName', > > immediate: true}); return false;" > > <f:selectItems value="#{groupsBean.groupItems}" /> > > </h:selectOneListbox> > > > > This is calling a ValueChangeListener in the groupsBean, then > > rendering a portion of the page in response. It works too, only that > > after calling this once, my navigation is ruined. > > > > This even has its own form. The form I'm posting with for navigation > > is a different one, but I feel that this call must be affecting what > > is posted and how by the other form. I've looked at the http headers > > when navigation works and after the DynaFaces call when it no longer > > works. I can't see any difference. > > > > This is a pretty major bug ( in my code I'm assuming, of course ). > > > > Thanks in advance for any help you can give, > > > > Scott > > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net > For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net > --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@jsf-extensions.dev.java.net