users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] JPA support for recursive data structures / object graphs

From: <heiko.wagner_at_apis.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 09:33:50 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I am currently working on a proof of concept Java SE application. I am
using JPA for persintence, since I am faliliar with it from my Java EE
project. I am trying to find out what would be a good solution to store
directed acyclic object graphs.

As far as I found out, there is no abstraction support for "CONNECT BY"
/ recursive CTEs in JPA. I could resort back to using native queries or
drop JPA entirely in favour of a graph oriented db.

Are there any condierations of providing support in JPA for this in the
future?